Imperial College Boat House

1935 Charlie Newens appointed Assistant Boatman to Dick Phelps at Thames Rowing Club, with special responsibilities to Imperial College Boat Club. 1938 Opening of the new Boathouse by Lord Desborough, on 21 October, designed and built by Charles Bristow. The commemorative plaque from the occasion reads, "May all who use this boathouse in it find such happiness and make such friendships as may endure throughout their lives." During the summer, Captain of Boats C. H. Swan moved to disassociate Imperial College from the University of London Boat Club.

1985 Charles Bristow dies in October. A commemorative plaque was placed on the front of the club, reading: Charles Bristow: He built it. To the memory of Charles Alfred Bristow 1896-1985 Founder - President and for over 50 years, Coach and Inspiration of the Imperial College Boat Club. 1987 Beat mutiny-stricken Oxford University at Reading Head and in private match on the Tideway.